Monday 16 February 2009

OTT

I don't see the big deal with Victoria Beckham. I don't understand how she has become such a fashion icon. Fair enough she never looks horrendous but at the same time do you really look at her and think 'wow'? I don't. More like 'oh there's Posh in another nice, expensive designer outfit'. Couldn't we all do the same if we had her money, figure and lifestyle?

Ok, I will give her some credit as many celebrities still manage to get it horribly wrong but I will not excuse her recent outfit at New York fashion week.

I'm a firm believer in choosing one or two statement pieces in your outfit and keeping the rest simple. It's all about balance.

So headband, sunglasses, fur, cropped gloves, shear top, wet look leggings, pearl bracelet and a gold watch is a definate 'OTT' look in my book! She almost looks like she got carried away in her mum's dressing up box. The more I look at it the more it makes me laugh and somehow I don't think that was the response she was after.


No comments:

Post a Comment